Koppers Issues 2021 Corporate Sustainability Report
Continuous Improvement in Sustainability Pillars of People, Planet, and Performance
During 2021, Koppers made important progress in further defining, implementing, and measuring its Sustainability goals as part of creating sustainable value for the company and its stakeholders. Noteworthy highlights of the report include:
- Maintained strong safety performance, including achieving the company's lowest 12-month rate of serious safety incidents, with 16 of 43 operating facilities working accident-free for the prior year.
- Reported record-setting financial results*, including record consolidated sales, operating profit matching record year, and record adjusted EBITDA.
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 48.2% since baseline year of 2007, moving closer to the company's goal of a 50% reduction by 2030.
- Announced patents pending relating to advanced carbon products to serve the electric vehicle (EV) and lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery markets globally.
- Implemented a platform to better integrate supply chain diversity in business operations.
- Received recognition from
Newsweek magazineas one of "America's Most Responsible Companies" for the second consecutive year.
In commenting on the CSR, Koppers President and Chief Executive Officer
"Sustainability touches every part of our company and requires our constant attention," added
To learn more about Koppers Sustainability initiatives, visit our interactive Corporate Sustainability Report and view a video message from our Chief Sustainability Officer
Koppers, with corporate headquarters in
For more information, visit: www.koppers.com. Inquiries from the media should be directed to Ms. Jessica Franklin at FranklinJM@koppers.com or 412-227-2025. Inquiries from the investment community should be directed to Ms. Quynh McGuire at McGuireQT@koppers.com or 412-227-2049.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/koppers-issues-2021-corporate-sustainability-report-301578198.html